June 30 – July 27, 2022
This program takes place in the Atlanta area and its surrounding suburbs.
- Your family will be matched with a Spanish student who is the same age, gender and has similar interests as one of your children.
- Your family has the opportunity to host for 1-4 weeks. Each student that comes can have up to two host families. If you are available for the full 4 weeks we recommend it, but will try our best to accommodate any availability.
- There will be 2-3 FREE and fun activities per week. Some are just for the Spanish student and American siblings and others include the whole family.
- The Spanish student will become another member of your family and live your daily life, accompanying you in everything you do. They can participate in sports, camps and may even travel out of town with your family.
Learn more by reading our FAQ’s about hosting here!
Host Family Requirements
- Welcome your Spanish student into your home and treat them as a member of your family.
- Speak English within the home during the Spaniard’s stay. It is OK if English is not your family’s native language, but it must be used between family members and with the Spanish student while they are at your house.
- Provide your Spanish student 3 meals a day, including family meals eaten outside of the home.
- Provide your Spanish student their own bed. They may share a room with a host student the same gender and around the same age as them.
- Attend and provide transportation to group activities 2-3 times per week.
For more in-depth information on host family expectations, click to view the Live N Learn Host Family Agreement.
Each week your family participates in our program there will be 2-3 activities around the Atlanta area that are FREE!
Some Example Activities
Kelsey grew up in upstate New York and went to college in North Carolina. She spent a semester at the Universidad de Cuenca, Ecuador and graduated with a BA in Elementary Education and Spanish Language.
She began her teaching career as a college professor in Santiago, Chile and continued her education to receive a MA in Special Education. She is now teaching Spanish back in the Denver Public School District where she is a 6th, 7th and 8th grade Spanish teacher at Merrill Middle School.
Kelsey was the Denver Local Coordinator since 2017 and now she has made the move across the country to the big ATL. She truly loves working with Live N Learn as it gives students the an authentic lens into the lives of another culture. She is excited for another great summer of making connections that will last a lifetime!
Live N Learn is a great organization and we felt very supported during Leire’s time with us. The group activities were well planned and a lot of fun. We are excited for our next opportunity to host an exchange student, although Leire has left very big shoes to fill!
Live N Learn was truly a life changing experience. Not only did I get to showcase my language and culture, but I also got to make a lifelong best friend. It was so interesting to watch Paula improve her english and experience our beautiful state, while still getting to learn more about her language and country.
Everything about the program added value to our lives. The staff were fantastic in identifying a placement that brought an everlasting connection between our daughter and our summer visitor from Spain.