CINCY SOUTH & NKY
July 2022: Dates TBD
This program takes place around Northern Kentucky, the East Side and West Side of Cincinnati.
**If your family lives in a different area of the city you might also consider our other program in the Cincinnati area which has 2-3 weekly activities.
- Your family will be matched with a Spanish student who is the same age, gender and has similar interests as one of your children.
- Your family has the opportunity to host for 1-4 weeks. Each student that comes can have up to two host families. If you are available for the full 4 weeks we recommend it, but will try our best to accommodate any availability.
- The Spanish student will become another member of your family and live your daily life, accompanying you in everything you do. They can participate in sports, camps and may even travel out of town with your family.
- There will be 1 FREE and fun activity* per week. Some are just for the Spanish student plus one or more American siblings and others include the whole family. Your family will also receive a $100 stipend to do other fun things with your Spaniard.
*Spanish students who sign up for this program wish to spend the majority of their month with the family and be fully immersed in the English language and American culture; therefore, there is only 1 activity a week to allow for a more immersive experience and less contact with other Spaniards.
Learn more by reading our FAQ’s about hosting here!
Host Family Requirements
- Welcome your Spanish student into your home and treat them as a member of your family.
- Speak English within the home during the Spaniard’s stay. It is OK if English is not your family’s native language, but it must be used between family members and with the Spanish student while they are at your house.
- Provide your Spanish student 3 meals a day, including family meals eaten outside of the home.
- Provide your Spanish student their own bed. They may share a room with a host student the same gender and around the same age as them.
- Attend and provide transportation to one activity a week.
For more in-depth information on host family expectations, click to view the Live N Learn Host Family Agreement.
Each week your family participates in our program there will be 1 activity around the Cincinnati area that is FREE!
Some Past Activities
FC Cincinnati game
Ansley, the US Programs Manager at Live N Learn, is also the Local Coordinator for the Cincy South & NKY Program.
Ansley’s passion for the Spanish language and culture began while in high school after reading a beautiful poem by Julia de Burgos. She knew that she had to learn more about this beautiful and poetic language. During her junior year of college, she studied abroad in Seville, Spain which completely changed her life. After graduating with a bachelors in Spanish, she spent a few years teaching ESL at the University of Cincinnati as well as Spanish to local high school students.
Ansley began working with Live N Learn in 2018 and fell in love with its mission to connect students who are around the same age in order to create life-long friendships and cultural understanding across borders. She is so excited for the opportunity to continue that mission and bring this hosting program to Northern Kentucky, where she grew up!
This program has helped my family in numerous ways and allowed me to travel to Spain and visit. Live N Learn truly is an opportunity you and your family cannot pass up on, you are not only getting the experience, but a lifetime relationship!
Participating in the Live N Learn program was beyond transformative for my whole family and having the opportunity to foster an incredible relationship with Maria was the highlight of my summer.
Our experience hosting Marta through the Live N Learn program was amazing! Our daughter, Amy and her exchange student, Marta, were perfectly matched.