June 29 – July 28, 2022
This program takes place in the Denver area and its surrounding suburbs.
- Your family will be matched with a Spanish student who is the same age, gender and has similar interests as one of your children.
- Your family has the opportunity to host for 1-4 weeks. Each student that comes can have up to two host families. If you are available for the full 4 weeks we recommend it, but will try our best to accommodate any availability.
- There will be 2-3 FREE and fun activities per week. Some are just for the Spanish student and American siblings and others include the whole family.
- The Spanish student will become another member of your family and live your daily life, accompanying you in everything you do. They can participate in sports, camps and may even travel out of town with your family.
Learn more by reading our FAQ’s about hosting here!
Host Family Requirements
- Welcome your Spanish student into your home and treat them as a member of your family.
- Speak English within the home during the Spaniard’s stay. It is OK if English is not your family’s native language, but it must be used between family members and with the Spanish student while they are at your house.
- Provide your Spanish student 3 meals a day, including family meals eaten outside of the home.
- Provide your Spanish student their own bed. They may share a room with a host student the same gender and around the same age as them.
- Attend and provide transportation to group activities 2-3 times per week.
For more in-depth information on host family expectations, click to view the Live N Learn Host Family Agreement.
Each week your family participates in our program there will be 2-3 activities around the Denver area that are FREE!
Some Past Activities
Film on the Rocks
Courtney was born and raised around Atlanta, Georgia where she graduated from Eastside High School in Newton County. She went to the University of Georgia where she studied International Relations and Spanish for 3.5 years. After graduating in 2012, she decided to continue her education at UGA with a Masters in Nonprofit Management. Before graduating in 2014, she helped design a study abroad program in Northern Ireland… and then studied abroad there!
After college, she joined AmeriCorps VISTA for two years and did service as an inter-city meal provider for an organization that needed a Spanish speaker to run community relations. She began her teaching career in 2015 as a long term substitute for her high school and then accepted a full time Spanish teaching job in 2016 at her cross-town rival school, Newton High School. She taught high school Spanish 1 & 2 in Georgia for 3 years before taking a job out in Colorado and making the move to the Denver area.
She taught Spanish 1-4 for 2 years at a charter school before moving to Merrill Middle School where she is now. When she is not teaching, she enjoys spending time with her pup, Loveland the Lab, visiting Colorado’s National Parks, and traveling down to Costa Rica to spend time with her boyfriend. She is excited to be joining the Live N Learn team as the Denver Local Coordinator and looking forward to meeting all of the students soon!
Live N Learn is a great organization and we felt very supported during Leire’s time with us. The group activities were well planned and a lot of fun. We are excited for our next opportunity to host an exchange student, although Leire has left very big shoes to fill!
Live N Learn was truly a life changing experience. Not only did I get to showcase my language and culture, but I also got to make a lifelong best friend. It was so interesting to watch Paula improve her english and experience our beautiful state, while still getting to learn more about her language and country.
Everything about the program added value to our lives. The staff were fantastic in identifying a placement that brought an everlasting connection between our daughter and our summer visitor from Spain.