July 2022: Dates TBD
This program takes place in the Providence, RI area and its surrounding areas.
- Your family will be matched with a Spanish student who is the same age, gender and has similar interests as one of your children.
- Your family has the opportunity to host for 1-4 weeks. Each student that comes can have up to two host families. If you are available for the full 4 weeks we recommend it, but will try our best to accommodate any availability.
- There will be 2 FREE and fun activities per week. Some are just for the Spanish student and American siblings and others include the whole family.
- The Spanish student will become another member of your family and live your daily life, accompanying you in everything you do. They can participate in sports, camps and may even travel out of town with your family.
Learn more by reading our FAQ’s about hosting here!
Host Family Requirements
- Welcome your Spanish student into your home and treat them as a member of your family.
- Speak English within the home during the Spaniard’s stay. It is OK if English is not your family’s native language, but it must be used between family members and with the Spanish student while they are at your house.
- Provide your Spanish student 3 meals a day, including family meals eaten outside of the home.
- Provide your Spanish student their own bed. They may share a room with a host student the same gender and around the same age as them.
- Attend and provide transportation to activities twice per week.
For more in-depth information on host family expectations, click to view the Live N Learn Host Family Agreement.
Each week that your family participates in our program there will be 2 FREE activities around the Rhode Island area!
Some Past Activities
Excursion to Boston
Red Sox game
Visit to Newport
Scavenger Hunt in Providence
Growing up in Rhode Island, Lea developed a love of the Spanish language and culture early on. She studied at the University of Connecticut and after graduating had the opportunity to travel to Honduras on a medical missions trip which changed her life.
Today, Lea is teaching Spanish at Lincoln High School where she has been for 12 years. She has four wonderful daughters and has been married for 18 years. Working with teenagers has always been a passion of hers. She is very excited for another incredible summer with Live N Learn New England!
What people says about education
Hosting with Live N Learn brought our family together for the most memorable summer yet!
LearnPress is a WordPress complete solution for creating a Learning Management System (LMS).
Stephen has a library of lessons that goes far beyond the surface, touching nearly every aspect of how to design and develop for the web and touching.